Add support to browse newsgroups
|Assigned to:||Alguno||% Done:||
For low volume newsgroups it's good to have the ability to browse them.
There are two possible directions which can be taken here:
1. Retrieving and parsing all headers in newsgroups is done by the user
2. Retrieving and parsing all headers in newsgroups is done by the NZBCreator service
Option 1 has the disadvantage that it can take a lot of time to retrieve all headers.
Next to this, NNTPGrab isn't really well suited for browsing newsgroups due to it's
client/server nature (it can require a lot of traffic from server to the client)
Option 2 has the advantage that all the newsgroup information is already maintained in the NZBCreator.
All that has to be done is adding scripts to present the newsgroup information in a readable format.
At the moment it isn't certain which path is going to be used
- Added support to browse newsgroups using the Online Search service in both the Qt and Gtk frontends. Closes #15
- Added support to check the maintenance status of the Online Search service so that user-friendly
messages can be shown when the Online Search service is down for maintenance
- Added testcases for these two new features and added a testcase for the Online Search API verification
Updated by Alguno over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset r1900.
Snapshots can be found at the following URLs:
Mac OS X: http://snapshots.nntpgrab.nl/osx/unstable-trunk/NNTPGrab_unstable_r1900.zip